Since last year April, WhatsApp has been testing and developing whatsapp payment, a new feature to be added to the messaging app. WhatsApp has now started rolling out digital payment option within the application for some users on Android and iOS.
WhatsApp is rolling out this feature to attract people to use the application for the maximum time and will have an upper hand on other digital transaction applications. Other digital transaction applications, Paytm have 180 million users in India while Google Pay India(formerly Tez) gathered 12 million users in the first four months after its launch.
WhatsApp Payments : How Does It Work?
- Open a chat with the person or business you wish to send money to.
- Tap the Attach (paperclip) icon, and select Payment.
- Key in the amount you wish to send.
- Authenticate the payment using the 6-digit Facebook Pay PIN or your fingerprint.
- The money will be transferred to the recipient, and you will both receive notifications in the chat window.
Payment Amount. You are responsible for the total payment amount for your transactions using Payments. You must ensure that you have sufficient funds before executing any transaction through Payments. Acceptable Use of Payments. You must access and use Payments only for legal, authorized, and acceptable purposes, according to our WhatsApp Terms